Thursday, January 7, 2010

My self esteem just went through the roof

Okay the dove commerical is awesome, even if it is a marketing grab atleast its not some stupid ad. Lets just say the dove commercials don't do me any good, neither does me any bad either. The dove commercials are great especially the one where they transform the girl into a total different person using photoshop. 1) thats cool. 2)the girl was pretty enough 3) it was really cool. Back to blogging. The dove commercials do help some people with their self esteem and make them realize that the media has too big of an influence on their self esteem. Dove is really trying to make the world a better place. Wish i could say the same for Axe. Those commercials were so stupid that i started to have suicide thoughts just to get away from watching the commericals. I rather watch High School Musical and Hannah Montanna than watch that commerical. C'mon Axe smells like crap, i would use harsher language but i can't. And Axe believes that girls chase after the a guy furiously with Axe on? C'mon thats so stupid. The girls should be chasing after the guy with a real axe trying to kill him. But at first the commercials were funny because I knew someone would actually buy Axe to attract girls. But funny thing though is that every girl that i've know hates Axe... Looks like they need better market research. As for should Unilever have more control over their kid companies? I think no because if Unilever controlled everything then they should just have one company, then each kid company wouldn't be unique. Unilever shouldn't have taken the award, Dove should have. Just because Axe had the stupidest commerical in the history of the world. Unilever is a good company and I love Dove shampoo, it leaves my hair silky smooth. Anyways Dove is a great company and their commercials are good but lacking impact.

2 comments:

  1. "I'd rather watch High School Musical and Hannah Montanna than watch that commerical."

    That's say something.

    I agree with what your saying and I think Axe commercials are more repulsive than funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your arguments Wayne...but I don't agree with them.(sorry D:) I personally do not think that Dove boosts womens' self esteem. What about average sized women looking at size 16 models?Studies show that it lowers their self esteem! Dove's campaign is just a scam. Trying to befriend customers;that way their sales will increase.

    ReplyDelete